[seqfan] Re: Splitting the square into equal parts

Jean-Luc Manguin jean-luc.manguin at unicaen.fr
Tue Nov 10 09:45:49 CET 2020

Thank you very much Elijah, you have perfectly understood my idea.

The difference you noticed comes from this condition I put in my message :

"Every new segment must lean on two existing segments, or in other words its begin and end points must be on existing segments (of course, the first segment leans on 2 opposite edges of the square)."

If you look at the illustration of A108066 here https://oeis.org/A108066/a108066.pdf, you can see in the 5-parts division that number 15 do not match this condition. In the 6-part division, numbers 52, 53 and 54 do not match. This explains the differences.

Here is A108066 sequence :

1 1
2 1
3 2