[seqfan] Re: Splitting the square into equal parts

Jean-Luc Manguin jean-luc.manguin at unicaen.fr
Tue Nov 10 14:46:27 CET 2020

Hi Neil,

Your definition is a bit reductive ; I give a very simple example with 4 parts : we can cut the square in 2 halves and then cut those halves in 2 parts. But if we follow your definition, wa cannot do like this, and we get another set, a bit smaller.

Sorry but I cannot really follow your last paragraph... What do you mean by "starting rectangle" ? If the goal is to split the square into equal parts, there are only a few solutions for the size of the first rectangle...

Thanks for giving some light :-)

Best regards.

JLM