[seqfan] Re: item A213058 of O.E.I.S.

Bhaskar Bagchi bhaskarbagchi53 at gmail.com
Sat Nov 21 15:41:26 CET 2020

Oh! Thank you Hugo for pointing this out. I seem to have made a mistake. I
counted the number of n vertex gracefully labelled trees by hand for n < 7,
and found 1,1, 2,4,12,38 which agree with the first six terms of A213058.
So I jumped to the conjecture. But, as A033472 is by definition the
sequence of numbers of gracefully labelled trees, and the computer
generated list in OEIS says its 6th term is 40 (not 38) it practically
proves that I missed two of the 6-vertex trees, and my conjecture is wrong.
Guess I must withdraw this post. Though I am a technologically challenged
old man, I do know that the chances are close to zero that the computer
made the mistake and I was right!
Bhaskar Bagchi