[seqfan] Re: Maple program

Neil Sloane njasloane at gmail.com
Sun Oct 25 19:14:46 CET 2020

Concerning the discussion about different versions of software:

We hope the OEIS will be around for a very long time.
It is obvious that eventually all computer programs will stop working, so
it is important to try to make them as transparent as possible.
The goal should be something close to pseudo-code.

Likewise all links to web pages will stop working, which is why References
are at least as important as Links.

Take the long view.

( It is a pity we don't hear much about the Long Now Foundation these days.
 Remember the movement to write dates with 5 digits for the years, as a
reminder to take the long view? Today is Oct 25 02020.)

Best regards
Neil

Email: njasloane at gmail.com