[seqfan] Re: Anyone have a 3-D "Ulam" spiral?

Hugo Pfoertner yae9911 at gmail.com
Tue Apr 27 20:25:22 CEST 2021

A simpler 2-dimensional analogue of Maxmilian's idea is implemented in
https://oeis.org/A305575 and https://oeis.org/A305576.

I have expanded this to 3 dimensions by adding a sorting by the
z-coordinate between the sorting by distance from the coordinate origin and
the sorting by the circumferential angle. The corresponding sequences are
https://oeis.org/A342561 , https://oeis.org/A342562 , and
https://oeis.org/draft/A342563 . If you want to avoid the relatively large
distances when jumping to the next shell with R = const, then a reversal of
a modified mapping, i.e. the determination of the index position in this
"spiral" at given coordinates (x, y, z), is quite complicated.