[seqfan] question about A006694

jean-paul allouche jean-paul.allouche at imj-prg.fr
Thu Aug 5 09:25:01 CEST 2021

Dear Seqfans

There is a comment at the beginning of http://oeis.org/A006694
saying:

juggling patterns 1, 123, 12345, 1234567, etc., i.e., the number
of ball orbits in such patterns minus one.

Does anyone know a paper or book where this is explained/proved
explicitly? Being bad at both juggling and the mathematics of juggling,
I would prefer not to learn thoroughly both the details of the theory and
a high-level practice :-)

PS I did not find the answer in the book of F. J. MacWilliams and N. J.
A. Sloane,
     nor in the book "Mathematics of Juggling" by B. Polster, which, by
the way,
     contains a nice chapter on bell ringing and its links with juggling
--which might
     lead to a similar question.

many thanks in advance
best wishes