[seqfan] An idea for a simple mechanical computer to illustrate two OEIS-sequences.

Antti Karttunen antti.karttunen at gmail.com
Sat Aug 28 11:53:10 CEST 2021

A correction to the question (1). It should be:

(1) How many bean-moves have been made from prime cups before the
prime cups are empty?  Note that this count includes moves between the
prime cups, and also all the moves from cup 2 to the reservoir-cup.
However, this does NOT include the moves from the reservoir-cup to the
prime cups.

And there's a slight modification to that, question (1b): How many
bean-moves have been made from the prime cups before the all prime
cups with an odd prime label are empty? That is, now we stop the
solitaire immediately when we see that only the cup 2 has any beans
left. Also, we could ask how many beans will be in the cup 2 at that
point. I think also this one is in OEIS: 0, 1, 1, 2, 2, 1, 1, 3, 1, 2,
2, 2, 2, 1, 3, 4, 4, 1, 1, 3, 2, 2, 2, 3, ...
Well, not..., but instead the sequence giving one larger counts is there.

Best regards,

Antti