[seqfan] searching on oeis.org for sequences with partial information

andre maute andre.maute at gmx.de
Tue Feb 9 21:30:14 CET 2021

Hello list,

I have sometimes the following problem when doing some type of enumeration.
I wonder if there is already a feature on oeis.org which would help here.

Suppose you have written a program generating
a sequence A(n), which does some intermediate (debug) output.

The computation of the A(n) gets slower and slower with the next n,
but due to the availability of the intermediate output it is possible
to extract perhaps some lower bound for a particular A(n).

So you have e.g.
A(1) = 1, A(2) = 3, A(3) = 30, A(4) > 500

Would it possible to use this information, for an oeis.org search?

For this sequence I would like to enter:
"1, 3, 30, >500"

Best Regards
Andre