[seqfan] Re: A054353 and A099467

Андрей Заболотский zabolotis at mail.ru
Wed Feb 10 22:23:10 CET 2021

Interesting. However, in the 2nd thousand of terms there’s only one coincidence.
An observation about A099467 (must be easy to prove):
it seems that the first differences are 1 and 2 strictly alternately, except near powers of 2: a(2^k+2)-a(2^k+1) = a(2^k+1)-a(2^k).
This explains why the sequences are close to each other: both have 1st differences consisting of 1’s and 2’s in equal proportion, mixed very well.

Best regards,
Andrey Zabolotskiy