[seqfan] Re: searching on oeis.org for sequences with partial information

andre maute andre.maute at gmx.de
Mon Feb 15 21:03:20 CET 2021

Hi list,

As pointed out in my last reply

When I started this thread, I only had the 3 numbers
1, 3, 30.

And my post dealt with this situation.
For that moment in time I just had
not that much information, three numbers,
it would have been really beneficial to have some kind of functionality
for restricting a single additional sequence element.

Removing one number of such a small set of numbers
is really not that helpful. as pointed out in my last reply.

And as pointed out a little bit earlier
A(4) already needed 1500min. The computation of
A(1), A(2), A(3) need only milliseconds.

So I started the computation for A(4) multiple times,
additionally sorting out some errors,
without knowing how long it would take for completion.

I wondered how cool would it be to check some
sequences in the meantime but navigating a result
with thousands of sequences seems a little bit awkward to me.

Regards
Andre