[seqfan] Re: Self avoiding polygons

John Mason masonmilan33 at gmail.com
Sat Feb 20 19:06:24 CET 2021

“This is not my sort of area, but my immediate thought is that a square would
not be generated by that procedure, since all its antecedents would have
perimeter >= that of the square.”

My description of the procedure was probably imprecise. What I meant was that any contiguous segment could be “shifted”. So, take a domino:
It can then generate:
Polygon 1, generated by extending the bottom border down:
Polygon 2, generated by extending a length 1 segment right:
OO
Polygon 3, generated by extending a length 2 segment right:
OO
OO

john