[seqfan] Re: Ian Hutchinson's EckXOR sequence

Ian Hutchinson ianrh125 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 11 05:28:07 CET 2021

On the topic of subsidiary sequences, I have one in mind that might be
useful to explore. I altered my Python code to record the y value used in
the XOR operation for each term, and compiled those into a list of their
own. This may be useful in understanding the original sequence, as it could
function as a new angle to view behaviors from. So far I've noticed that
each term tends to be no more than one more than the last, and it seems to
have a cool looking graph of its own (https://imgur.com/a/zm7TxQd).
The formal definition of this sequence would probably look something like
one of these two:
a(n) = the number of m < n such that A340488(m) = A340488(n)
a(n) = XOR(A340488(n), A340488(n-1))
I don't know if I'll have the time to flesh out an entry for this alongside
all of my college classes this week, so anyone who's interested in this is
more than welcome to make an entry for it.

Also, I just wanted to give a brief thanks to Neil, the OEIS editors, and
all the other community members who have been so helpful and open over the
past few days. The fact that I pitched it as a brand new OEIS user a little
over two days ago and it's now an approved sequence with
multiple subsidiary seqs is amazing to me.

Best,
Ian