[seqfan] Re: Potential improvements to existing OEIS Taxicab sequences

larry lacey larryflacey at gmail.com
Thu Jan 28 12:33:39 CET 2021

Dear Maximilian & other SeqFans,

Maybe the best way forward would be to retain A003825, with its 34,204
“primitive solutions”, but to compliment it with a complete list using the
method I have outlined previously? Both lists could have their uses to
those interested in these sequences.

Furthermore, would it be useful to have the following description of the
complete set of Taxicab numbers?

The complete set of infinite taxicab numbers, T(n,k)i, has the following
characteristics:

1)      The sequence of positive integer values, T(n,k), approaches
infinity, as the positive integer, k, approaches infinity, for any given
positive integer value of n.

2)      Each positive integer value of T(n,k), for any given value of n and
k, respectively, has an infinite sub-set of positive integer sequences,
T(n,k)i

where, T(n,k)I = Ai x (ak)i3

with ak being the smallest cubic term, satisfying the condition: (ak)3 + (bk
)3 = T(n,k)

3)      The infinite complete set of taxicab numbers, T(n,k)i, comprises
three distinct infinities:

-          as n approaches infinity, the taxicab “hierarchy” number,
approaches infinity

-          as k approaches infinity, the k positive integer sequence value,
for any given taxicab “hierarchy” number, n, approaches infinity

-          as i approaches infinity, the i positive integer sub-set
sequence value, for any positive integer value of n and k, respectively,
approaches infinity

4)      The infinite complete set of taxicab numbers, T(n,k)i, has
cardinality, aleph 0

https://simple.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aleph_null

https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Laurence_Lacey/publications

Best regards, Larry.