[seqfan] Re: When is a sequence a list?

Neil Sloane njasloane at gmail.com
Sun Jul 25 16:23:57 CEST 2021

This discussion started because someone changed the definition of a certain
sequence so that it read:

a(n) sets a new record for the number of 'Reverse and Add' steps needed to
reach a palindrome starting with a(n)

I objected to this for many reasons, but mainly because the sequence was
obviously not an "a(n) = ..." type sequence, but a "Numbers with some
property ..." type sequence. I changed it to:

Indices of record high values in A033665, ignoring those numbers that are
believed never to reach a palindrome.

I think we should end this discussion at this point.

Best regards
Neil

Neil J. A. Sloane, Chairman, OEIS Foundation.
Email: njasloane at gmail.com