[seqfan] Re: Triangles of sums

hv at crypt.org hv at crypt.org
Mon Jul 26 18:23:53 CEST 2021

I wrote:
:Allan Wechsler <acwacw at gmail.com> wrote:
::Returning to Recamán's original suggestion (entries must be prime or
::square), I wonder if anyone can quickly show a height-3 difference triangle
::with all square entries, or prove it impossible?
:
:This was the smallest I found, testing only selected products of distinct
:primes of the form 4k+1 as the square root of the apex:
:    142129
:  67600 74529
:4096 63504 11025
:
:(Roots: 377; 260, 273; 64, 252, 105.)
:
:I imagine height-4 and above are also possible, but likely to be rather
:harder to find. Maybe I'll give it a go: establishing least apex for
:heights 3 and 4 would be enough to justify a sequence, I think, given
:height 1 is degenerate and 2 is trivial.

Oh, actually much easier than I had anticipated:

 25
9 16

    625
  225 400