[seqfan] Re: A New Category of Sequences?

Jerry zhivago47 at gmail.com
Sat Jul 24 23:01:48 CEST 2021

Thank you to Fred, Antti, and Ali for your responses.

Since no one has mentioned to this point a preferred format for an
infinite set of sequences in OEIS, I will suggest two possibilities.
I'd appreciate feedback, including any other formats that any of you
may think of. Of course, if there is in fact a preferred format,
please let me know.

1. The simplest format would be just show one sequence, say to a(10).
All other sequences could be added as b-files.

2. The only shortcoming of 1. is that it would be very hard to find
the sequence by a search of numbers. So, alternatively, a selection of
likely attempted sequences could be entered as primary sequences, say
for sequences ending at a(10, 20, 30, 40, 50)., with any b-files added
to one of them, with reference to them in the other sequences.

I have no idea how large a b-file could be calculated. The total
digits of these finite sequences grow exponentially.

Thank you for any feedback you may give. And if you think this
sequence(s) shouldn't be added to OEIS at all, please let me know that
as well.

Jerry