[seqfan] SCIgen, MATHgen, and now SEQgen

Neil Sloane njasloane at gmail.com
Fri Jun 18 10:11:00 CEST 2021

Dear Sequence Fans,
The current *Nature* has an article (Vol 594, 10 June 2021, 160-161),

"Hundreds of gibberish papers still lurk in the scientific literature"

repreting on a study where they found 300 published articles still not
retracted that were produced by the programs SCIgen and MATHgen, which will
write a gibberish - but legitimate looking - scientific paper for you on
demand.
Apparently many journals and conferences will accept these papers with no
questions asked.

So I made up SEQgen, which will create a sequence suitable for submission
to the OEIS, as follows.

The definition:

[Order | Number ] of [primitive | indecomposable | inequivalent ]

[planar | nonplanar | simple | quasicomplete | exceptional | normal ]

[groups | graphs | partitions | primes | composite numbers | semiprimes ]

of [order | degree | size | length | height ]  n

that are in A****** [and | but not] in A*******.