[seqfan] Re: Is this sequence related to A046901?

David Seal david.j.seal at gwynmop.com
Tue Mar 30 20:25:07 CEST 2021

I haven't proved that Ali Sada's sequence is literally the same sequence as A046901, but that it is A046901 with extra terms inserted. The extra terms are a 2 and repetitions of the terms of A046901 - the following shows the start of Ali Sada's sequence, with the terms of A046901 unbracketed and the extra terms bracketed:

1, (2, 1,)
3, 6, (3, 6,)
2, 7, (2, 7,)
1, 8, (1, 8,)
16, 7, (16, 7,)

To be clear, I'm not expressing a view on whether Ali Sada's sequence should have an entry in the OEIS - just saying that if it shouldn't, the reason has to be something other than being the same sequence as A046901.

David