[seqfan] Re: Is the set of numbers representable by sum of 5 positive cubes in exactly 3 ways finite?

Sean A. Irvine sairvin at gmail.com
Sun May 16 11:26:49 CEST 2021

Hi Hugo,

Thank you for this.  It would seem to suggest that a great many of these
sequences could be finite (at least for cubes).

Are you able from your results to get a count of the total for each case --
i.e., simply assuming they become finite and have no further terms after
the last non-zero value you observe for that number of representations.
I'm interested in the shape of the curve of number of representations (0,
1, 2, 3, ...) versus count of values achieving that.  Maybe that would
match up with some of theoretical considerations.

Sean.