[seqfan] Re: How many squares can you make from n points in the plane?

Benoît Jubin benoit.jubin at gmail.com
Thu Oct 7 23:46:31 CEST 2021

Hi all,

I have just edited the entry with the more important results from this
thread.  I hope I credited everyone fairly.  This edit is basically
the summary I posted above with minor corrections and the addition of
the better upper bound from [AFR].

There is ongoing promising work, in particular by Hugo and Sascha,
towards extending the proof of exact values from n<=9 to n<=13, and
finding better configurations for larger values of n.  Since things
haven't settled down yet, I did not put them in this edit.

Best regards,
Benoît