[seqfan] Re: A question about partitions

Neil Sloane njasloane at gmail.com
Mon Sep 6 04:47:39 CEST 2021

William, Roland,  Nice work!

William, Could you send me a version of your proof  in a format that I can
add to A238005?
Roland, same question, although I think I can just use what you sent.

Then I will add a theorem (conjectured by Omar, with two proofs) to A238005,
something like this:

Theorem: a(n) is also the (maximal number of parts in any partition of n
into distinct parts) minus (number of ways to partition n into consecutive
parts), or in other words a(n) =  A003056(n) - A001227(n).

First proof from ...

Second proof from ...

and then I will mark A296509 as "dead".

Best regards
Neil

Neil J. A. Sloane, Chairman, OEIS Foundation.
Email: njasloane at gmail.com