[seqfan] Re: Worry about old sequence, A030077, paths in K_n

Allan Wechsler acwacw at gmail.com
Sun Apr 3 21:30:35 CEST 2022

I must be missing something very dumb. If the different diagonals are all
incommensurate then why are we doing high-precision floating point
arithmetic at all, and why are we worrying about whether two "cyclic
polylines" might or might not be equal? If the diagonals are
incommensurate, all we need to know is the number of each kind of diagonal.
That can't be right; there must be linear equivalences. (Note, for example,
that the long diagonal of a hexagon is exactly twice an edge.)