[seqfan] Re: Inequivalent matrices

M. F. Hasler oeis at hasler.fr
Thu Apr 28 05:48:11 CEST 2022

On Wed, Apr 27, 2022 at 10:42 PM Brendan McKay via SeqFan <
seqfan at list.seqfan.eu> wrote:

> A180985 (rows and columns in lexicographic order) is different
> from A002724 (equivalence classes under row and column permutation).

Equivalence classes under row and column permutation for Z/Z3 is A052269.
> For Z/Z4 it is A052271, for Z/Z5 it is A052272, and for Z/Z6 it is A246112.

All of these except Z/Z6 have formulas provided by Christian Bower.
> A246106   is a 2-D version.  [MH: i.e., column k  for entries in Z/kZ ]

Great!  Thank you very much!
Some further refs :
A002724 (n X n, Z/2Z)  is the diagonal of  oeis.org/A028657 (for n x k
rectangular {0,1}-matrices)

I tried to figure out the distinction between
oeis.org/A246106  and oeis.org/A256069, which seems to have the same
definition
(except for the layout : triangle vs square matrix), but different
numbers...
Do I guess correctly that A256069 must have each of {1...k} present at
least once somewhere,
while A246106 may use only a subset of all the possible coefficients?
It's interesting (not totally obvious to me, a priori) that they are
related by such a simple binomial transform.

Anyway, thanks a lot again for your help in this "treasure hunt"!
Maybe we should leave a map to future generations... :-)

- Maximilian