[seqfan] Re: Checking the numerical integration for A355594 (should be A355954)

Rainer Rosenthal r.rosenthal at web.de
Tue Aug 2 18:19:55 CEST 2022

Dear Hugo,

maybe there would have been thousands or at least dozens of helpful
answers, if you had written A355954 instead of A355594.
As an old fan of xkcd 356 I am fascinated by the problem of the
resistance distance in the infinite grid.
Thanks for your https://oeis.org/A355565, which opened my eyes for
understanding the square grid.
It is fun to see, how the simple progression of resistances along the
diagonal(*) grows by 1/(2n+1) and that the rest is governed by
symmetries and Laplace in a recursive manner.
It's a sure bet that there is some similar recurrence lurking in the
case of the triangular grid(**). The numerical integration you were
asking for could be helpful in the search for that recurrence. So I'll
cross my fingers that you will receive n really helpful answers (n > 0).

Cheers,
Rainer

(*) The corresponding comment in https://oeis.org/A355566 was approved
just yesterday by njas himself (thanks!)
(**) https://oeis.org/A355585