[seqfan] Re: Number of orders of distances to vertices of n-dimensional cube

Pierre Abbat phma at bezitopo.org
Sun Dec 4 01:41:51 CET 2022

On Saturday, November 19, 2022 8:16:38 AM EST Max Alekseyev wrote:
> It is easy to prove that the hyperplane arrangement I introduced does
> produce your sequence.
> There should not be any worries in this respect. Still, you are welcome to
> double check the counts produced by Sage.

I don't know hyperplane arrangements or Sage. Can you point me to an
explanation of hyperplane arrangements?

After more than a day of generating orders in six dimensions, the program spat
out the number 124187. However, that factors as 7*113*157, and dumping the
histogram of five dimensions (516) shows that the orders occur at widely
varying frequencies, so I suspect that it missed something. The sequence I get
is 1,2,8,96,5376,1981440,5722536960(?). What do you get with Sage?

Pierre
--
Don't buy a French car in Holland. It may be a citroen.