[seqfan] Re: A124324 vz A112493

rayjchandler at sbcglobal.net rayjchandler at sbcglobal.net
Thu Jul 7 18:50:59 CEST 2022

This is not intended to be a proof that the columns are identical except for
shift, just some observations that may help get us closer to such a proof.

>From A112493, T1{n,k) = Sum {j=0..n} C(n-j,n-k)*E2(n,j)

If A124324 is to be described in terms of E2, a good choice would be T2(n,k)
= T1(n-k,k).

So T2(n,k) = Sum {j=0..n-k} C(n-k-j,n-k-k)*E2(n-k,j).

This indeed produces results for A124324 that agree with the b-file provided
by Alois P. Heinz for rows 0..200.

This suggests a new name for A112493 as:
Triangle read by rows: T(n,k) is the number of partitions of an n-set having
k blocks of size > 1 (0<=k<=n).

This pattern may be extended to produce new sequences T<m>(n,k) =
T<m-1>(n-k,k) that also share the same columns with different shifts.
Ray