[seqfan] Re: Is this permutation of the positive integers achievable?

Ali Sada pemd70 at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 20 11:10:44 CEST 2022

 Thank you, Peter. I think it's the same. The difference might be that we could start with any positive integer if 1 doesn't work.

Best,
Ali

    On Wednesday, July 20, 2022 at 09:51:17 AM GMT+1, Peter Munn <techsubs at pearceneptune.co.uk> wrote:

 On Mon, July 18, 2022 2:45 am, Ali Sada via SeqFan wrote:
> Hi everyone,
> a(n) is the least positive integer not occurring earlier in the sequence
> such that, if a(m) = a(n)+1, then |m - n| = a(n).
> We start with a(1) = 1, then a(2) = 2. We move ahead and get a(4) = 3, and
> a(7) = 4. Now we go back to a(3) = 5 and that forces a(8) to be 6, etc.

Hi Ami (and hi seqfans),

I think you might be trying to create something like the inverse of the
sequence envisaged in the second comment in A078943?

Best regards

Peter