[seqfan] Re: by Sierpinski and Riesel dual conjectures

M. F. Hasler seqfan at hasler.fr
Sat Jul 23 18:57:03 CEST 2022

PS: (sorry...)
Now I read the reply from Michael Filaseta where he explained why
Wesolowski's comment (about 78557^p Sierpinski for all prime p > 3)
is correct and how it can be generalized to all Sierpinski numbers
which are "provable by a covering set".
So for these we know it's true when P is larger than the lcm of the
covering set.

But for others (including the provable Sierpinskis which are not provable
by covering sets), what is the motivation for the conjecture?

- Maximilian