[seqfan] Re: 5, 20, 120, 540, 6480, ...

Allan Wechsler acwacw at gmail.com
Wed Mar 30 21:13:14 CEST 2022

The observation about the smallness of p(n+1) - p(n) is very convincing to
me, and turns me into a believer in this conjecture, but it feels like it
would be very hard to prove, like the twin prime conjecture (on which Tao
and colleagues have also made progress) and the Goldbach conjecture (about
which I have heard no news for a very long time).

This makes me suspect that similar conjectures will be true for other
just-slightly-supralinear sequences.