[seqfan] Re: Inequivalent matrices

M. F. Hasler oeis at hasler.fr
Sun May 1 15:31:11 CEST 2022

On Sun, May 1, 2022, 09:22 Brendan McKay via SeqFan <seqfan at list.seqfan.eu>
wrote:

> Hi Maximilian,
>
> I looked at A052269 and it seems to me that Christian's formula
> is the same as yours.

Yes indeed, I wrote this in a second reply to Neil that went not to the
list:

 I have noticed that many of Christian Bower's formulas (and Alois Heinz'
Maple programs) are actually equivalent to the relevant special case of my
formula, up to slightly different notation for the partitions and related
expression for the sum over the gcd's and cycle count normalisation factor.

Also:
I have created an entry for "number of inequivalent matrices over Z/nZ
modulo row & column permutations",
https://oeis.org/index/Mat#inequiv

I tried to list there all of the sequences mentioned earlier, and others;
some (of the "also modulo permutations of the symbols" families?) might
still be missing.
Anyone please feel free to check and complete.

- Maximilian