[seqfan] Re: N for which Landau's function doesn't give a signature leader

Tim Peters tim.peters at gmail.com
Sun Oct 9 01:27:52 CEST 2022

[Don Reble]
>     I doubt Chai Wah Wu's Python program for A000793.
>     Can someone test whether it computes a(29) correctly?

Here are the values "near there" it computes:

26 1260
27 1540
28 2310
29 2310
30 4620
31 4620

As you noted later, at 29 the result should be 2520 instead. I expect
the other person who replied made an "off by one eyeball error" when
saying it was correct.

FWIW, I doubt it's off due to a coding error, but instead that the
author's analysis of the problem was simply wrong. The algorithm coded
is far too simple to be correct ;-)