[seqfan] Re: talk announcement: Proving properties of OEIS sequences with Walnut

Jeffrey Shallit shallit at uwaterloo.ca
Mon Oct 24 14:24:42 CEST 2022

Just as a follow-up:  a typical Walnut query consists of a parsable
logical formula, for example
something like

For all x there exists y such that f(x,y) holds.

But in Walnut it is easy to assert

1.  f(x,y) holds
2.  there exists y such that f(x,y) holds
3.  For all x there exists y such that f(x,y) holds.

And get automata corresponding to each of these.   So Walnut already has
the capability to produce the
automata for individual parts of any expression and these could be
considered a certificate
and each part could then easily be individually checked by another
program, if one wanted.
(But the other program would essentially just be reproducing the
calculations of Walnut!)