[seqfan] Re: Sequence from ChatGPT

Jack Grahl jack.grahl at gmail.com
Sun Apr 2 18:19:14 CEST 2023

This seems like a low quality sequence, are we sure we want to include it?

1. Involves bases without any particular reason for choosing base 10, or
any interesting math property linked to digits.
2. Nothing of interest has been proved or conjectured about it.
3. Very hard to imagine that someone would find these sequence in the
future as part of mathematical research and that finding it would help them
in such research.
4. Will not be linked to any other sequences except similarly low quality
ones, and extremely well known ones (Fibonacci and squares).

People quite frequently come up with this type of sequence because they
would like their name to appear in the encyclopedia. I think that on a good
day as editors, we reject such submissions.