[seqfan] Re: A327265 and A309981

M. F. Hasler oeis at hasler.fr
Mon Apr 10 17:05:21 CEST 2023

Not sure I understand correctly but in any case, as already said in a
comment by Jon Schoenfeld in A309981, we do know that any n has a unique
tau signature not longer than (r+1)² - n where r = ceiling(sqrt(n)) is the
root of the next larger square : the squares s=k² are exactly the numbers
for which tau is odd (in view of the central divisor k) and (k+1)² - k² =
2k+1 uniquely identifies the position.
(My idea with the primes was unnecessarily complicated.)
- Maximilian