[seqfan] Re: Cute interpretation of A002294

jean-paul allouche jean-paul.allouche at imj-prg.fr
Fri Aug 11 20:49:21 CEST 2023

Dear Allan

Though I have not looked carefully enough, it seems
that this is what the sentence

 From Stillwell (1995), p. 62: "Eisenstein's Theorem. If y^5 + y = x,
then y has a power series expansion y = x - x^5 + 10*x^9/2^1 - 15 * 14 *
x^13/3! + 20 * 19 * 18*x^17/4! - ...."

probably means (when I said I did not look carefully,
I mean that I am not sure that I have understood
where the minus signs comme from, and that I
have only checked the (absolute value of the)
first coefficients in the power series above.

best wishes
jean-paul