[seqfan] Re: Cute interpretation of A002294

jean-paul allouche jean-paul.allouche at imj-prg.fr
Sun Aug 13 10:09:03 CEST 2023

Dear Allan

Thank you for having mentioned the Bring radical, which
I was not familiar with! I would be in favor of your suggestion
of adding a comment on this I guess.
About the choice of the choices of operations that are or aren't
allowed, you are quite right. For example, it is worth remembering
that, in characteristic p > 0,--if I remember well-- solvable by radicals
mean either the usual or being a root of X^p - X - alpha (if one wants
to keep the equivalence between solvable by radicals and having a
solvable Galois group).
Many explanations about Galois theory skip the case of nonzero
characteristic...

best wishes
jp