[seqfan] Fwd: Need help finding prime index values for sequence A363381

Thomas Young tomyoungmathman at gmail.com
Tue Aug 15 22:07:13 CEST 2023

Good day all!

Sequence A363381 has a conjecture for prime indices that works for primes
3, 5, and 7 but is unknown for larger primes.  My programming skills and
mathematical depth have stymied my attempts to encourage further
exploration or find a conjecture-busting counterexample.

The gist of the problem is to take an n X n array and break it into n
identical n-cell subsets with allowances for rotations, reflections, and
translations within the array.

The conjecture is that for a p X p array, there is only one way to break up
the array into p identical p-cell subsets.  That is by breaking the p X p
array into p, 1 X p
subsets. If it does work for primes (proof?) it'd be really neat.

Any help would be appreciated!
--
Tom Young
Executive Director

Math Teacher, Spring Lake Park HS, retired
763-568-0118