[seqfan] Re: Coordination Sequences.

Joseph Myers jsm at polyomino.org.uk
Wed Aug 30 00:02:16 CEST 2023

On Tue, 29 Aug 2023, mike at vincico.com wrote:

> (This message sent on behalf of Editor in Chief Andrey Zabolotskiy.)
>

> Hello everybody who is interested in coordination sequences,
>
> A couple of years ago, the conjecture by R. W. Grosse-Kunstleve, G. O.
> Brunner and N. J. A. Sloane, stating that the coordination sequence of a
> periodic net is quasi-polynomial, has been proved:
>
> https://doi.org/10.1107/S2053273320016769 ,
> https://doi.org/10.1107/S2053273322000262

I definitely thought of this fact about coordination sequences as "this
must be a well-known result", when I posted an outline argument here in
2015 - although the only concrete reference I gave then was to a 1983
paper dealing with a more limited set of cases.

http://list.seqfan.eu/pipermail/seqfan/2015-December/067653.html

--
Joseph S. Myers
jsm at polyomino.org.uk