[seqfan] Re: Help with A028247 Number of T-frame polyominoes with n cells

Allan Wechsler acwacw at gmail.com
Mon Feb 6 15:11:36 CET 2023

In classical Chomp, all "bites" have to be in the same direction -- you can
remove a cell together with all cells below and to the right. I could be
missing something, but I don't think this could give rise to a T-polyomino.
Still, it's correct that a T-frame is derived from a rectangle by removing
rectangular "notches" from two adjacent corners.

You could certainly invent a Chomp-like game in which the players select a
cell and a direction, but the Wikipedia article does not mention that
generalization.

I learned the game as a child from the inventor, who was a friend of my
father. David Gale was a lovely man and I have happy memories of hanging
out in his office in Berkeley playing with the mathematical models he
collected.