[seqfan] Re: Refs artefact.

M. F. Hasler oeis at hasler.fr
Sun Jan 15 13:53:55 CET 2023

This and other references that are related to many unrelated sequences
could be uploaded to the wiki or stored in a different subdirectory (/refs
or /A000000 if it must or should be of that form for some reason).
Changing the 64 links to that file is a matter of seconds through the
global search & replace command.

Conceptually, an encyclopedia is not (and should not be) an archive or
library, although it is certainly useful to have an *associated*
archive/library/repository (which could here simply take the form of one
additional directory).

In an "ideal" world we wouldn't even have duplicate references (not even
(author's) names), but any of these would just be a reference to a global
and separate list of references, names etc. (I do agree that we don't live
in an ideal world and that some redundancy is good for data safety, human
readability etc. This is just to say that it's more than legitimate to
operate such a separation when it *might* be desired for some reasons.)

-Maximilian