[seqfan] Re: A055387

Allan Wechsler acwacw at gmail.com
Wed Jan 18 04:48:10 CET 2023

In situations like this, OEIS tradition is to respect the primacy of the
data. That is, in a situation where we know that either the description or
the data is wrong (because the description does not correctly describe the
data), editors tend to correct the description rather than the data.

This leads us to wonder what description could give rise to the data in
A055387. I think that the given description works *except *for the fact
that primes consisting of all the same digit (like 2, 3, 5, 7, and 11) get
a free pass. That is, if a prime can be permuted into a different prime, we
include it; and if it cannot be permuted at all we also include it.

The verbiage about 0 seems almost unnecessary to me. All it means is that
one is allowed to permute 0s to the most-significant end. That's what I
would have assumed even if nothing had been said about it.