[seqfan] Re: A055387

Tom Duff eigenvectors at gmail.com
Thu Jan 19 19:40:17 CET 2023

Sure, but the fix to the description is silly, something like "Prime
numbers, some non-trivial permutation of whose decimal digits is also
prime. Also 2, 3, 5, 7 and 11." This is an instance of a general
strategy for fixing the descriptions of sequences with extra erroneous
terms. But it would be an embarrassment to have OEIS peppered with
descriptions like this. We already have a well-sanctioned way to deal
with the problem, and that's keyword "dead". The right thing to do is
to acknowledge the error, not try to paper it over.