[seqfan] Re: L-connected polyominoes

John Mason masonmilan33 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 23 11:22:25 CET 2023

Allan
Would the following be a definition of what you are looking for?
"a(n) is the number of free polyominoes such that there is an L-shaped path
between any pair of cells, consisting of a horizontal arm of x >= 0 cells
contained within the polyomino, and a vertical leg of y >= 0 cells
similarly contained."

If so, I propose the following figures for n through to 18:

1, 1, 2, 4, 7, 14, 24, 48, 83, 155, 265, 472, 793, 1356, 2235, 3700, 5977,
9636

They are a subset of the convex polyominoes (A359661).

Below are the 14 hexominoes (best seen with Courier New) that I count. Tell
me if your count disagrees.

john

O__
OO_