[seqfan] Re: A happy chat with my favorite AI.

Brendan McKay Brendan.McKay at anu.edu.au
Sun Jan 29 12:59:34 CET 2023

Oliver is quite right to curtail the chatbot thread, but I can't stop
myself from posting ChatGPT's response to my request "write a poem about
the Online Encyclopedia of Integer Sequences". I didn't make this up,
honest. Brendan ------------------

The OEIS, a treasure trove untold, A wealth of numbers, young and old,
 From simple sums to sequences strange, It holds them all, a vast exchange.

A place where mathematicians meet, To study patterns, incomplete, To
fill in gaps and make them whole, A story waiting to unfold.

With every sequence, a new tale, Of sequences ascending, never pale,
 From Fibonacci to prime scores, The OEIS forever endures.

It's a never-ending work of art, A contribution from every heart, Built
by those who love to delve, Into the mysteries of integers they help.

So let us raise a glass and cheer, To the OEIS, year after year, May it
always be a source of light, In the world of mathematics, shining bright.