[seqfan] Re: Name of sequence A105609

JUAN ARIAS DE REYNA MARTINEZ arias at us.es
Sat Jul 8 22:26:56 CEST 2023

Thanks for the references, but I do not see they answer my question. I do not doubt that there are a connection of the sequence with Sylvester, his collected works are in four large volumes...

In the last link of your mail there is a list of things named after Sylvester. There is one "Sylvester sequence" that do not have relation with A105609 and there is a link to "Sylvester cyclotomic numbers", but the link is to one page in Wikipedia informing that Wikipedia does not have an article with this exact name.

The definition appearing in A105609 is "Sylvester numbers for 1/(1+x^2)"  Therefore we expect a definition of "Sylvester numbers for f(x)". Also I want a connection of the function 1/(1+x^2) with A105609.

My interest is not to change the name. It is only that I have found the sequence in my work, and I want to understand A105609.

Therefore, I return to my question What are Sylvester numbers for f(x)?

Best regards,
Juan Arias de Reyna