[seqfan] Re: Help needed in checking terms in A259349

Neil Sloane njasloane at gmail.com
Tue Jul 18 02:49:57 CEST 2023

I'm confused!  The new A364265 talks about numbers  "each with exactly 6
distinct prime factors."  Let the prime factorization of n be
Product_{i=1..k}  p_i ^ e_i.  The new sequence seems to say that there are
exactly six p_i's with e_i = 1, but there can also be other primes that
have e_i > 1. So k >= 6.

Whereas for the original version,  we require that there are exactly six
p_i's with e_i = 1, and no other primes (so k = 6).

Is that right?  I think it would be a good idea to add comments to the two
sequences explaining this.

Best regards
Neil

Neil J. A. Sloane, Chairman, OEIS Foundation.
Also Visiting Scientist, Math. Dept., Rutgers University,
Email: njasloane at gmail.com