[seqfan] Re: Help needed in checking terms in A259349

Frank Adams-watters franktaw at netscape.net
Tue Jul 18 18:18:45 CEST 2023

See A001221. This meaning is well-established in the OEIS. At most, I would add a reference to that sequence.

Franklin T. Adams-Watters

    On Monday, July 17, 2023 at 08:54:23 PM CDT, Neil Sloane <njasloane at gmail.com> wrote:

 The English sentences are ambiguous.

"N has exactly 6 distinct prime factors"  according to you would permit
2^10*3*5*7*11*13, right?  But most people would say that 2^10*3*5*7*11*13
has 15 prime factors, and they are not all distinct.

Put it another way: how many prime factors does 8 have?  I say 3, and they
are not all distinct.

How many distinct prime factors does 8 have?  One answer is ONE, namely 2.
Another answer is ZERO, because 2 is a prime factor of 8 but it is not a
distinct prime factor.

So both sequences need comments explaining what the definitions really are,
and they need examples.

Best regards
Neil

Neil J. A. Sloane, Chairman, OEIS Foundation.
Also Visiting Scientist, Math. Dept., Rutgers University,
Email: njasloane at gmail.com