[seqfan] Re: WG: AW: Reference Help?

brad klee bradklee at proton.me
Mon Jun 5 01:45:36 CEST 2023

> Does it have something to do with 3D-interpolation ?

Differential equations and p-recurrences can only tell us
so much, for example, how to compute an observable or where
to look for a neat identity.

The more complicated a homology becomes, the less likely
its details are to be resolved by one person's fine algebra.
The Hodge conjecture isn't even asking for public access to
useful constructive algorithms.

Numerical methods can be a "best hope" in such a situation.
They would have the flavor of interpolation when charting
paths and tunnels between familiar landmarks.

A fairly recent article I was looking at today is here:

> Bobenko et al. "Discrete uniformization of finite branched
> covers over the Riemann sphere via hyper-ideal circle patterns"
> https://arxiv.org/abs/1510.04053

Does this article seem to be about interpolation to you?

It sounds good, the results look great, but the authors don't
provide supplemental materials computational or pseudocode.
In that case, there's not much I can do with it immediately.

I'd better get back to editing those relevant entries now,
but "vielen Dank für Ihr Interesse".

--Brad