[seqfan] The name of A053810

Felix Fröhlich felix.froe at gmail.com
Fri Nov 3 11:14:51 CET 2023

Dear SeqFans,

to me, the definition of A053810 sounds strange. The first comment in
A000961 says "The term prime power is ambiguous. To a mathematician it
means any number p^k, p prime, k >= 0, including p^0 = 1". This seems to
suggest that the "... of prime numbers" part in the definition of A053810
is redundant. The PARI code seems to suggest that the actual definition is
"Prime-th powers of prime numbers". Maybe the name could be written more
clearly as "Prime powers with prime exponents", or, perhaps, "Powers of
prime numbers with prime exponents".

As this is an old sequence I want to discuss this possible change first.

Best regards

Felix