[seqfan] Re: Silent numbers

David Sycamore djsycamore at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Nov 29 10:37:56 CET 2023

Hi Ali,
I did not follow your description of “silent” numbers since if 152–>12, why 7643–>63 and not 74 ? (we keep only the odd number placed digits, right?).

Whether or not the sequence merits an oeis entry or not depends on how it looks in mathematical terms, and properties of the resulting data, and not on the provenance of the idea, (which does not even need to be mentioned).

So your idea could be of interest if there is a way to express it in simple mathematical terms without linking it to the Ismo joke story, (talking about owing; paying back etc). Is there a way to do that ?

Do you have a list of terms?

Best regards
David.